Mt Kinabalu is finally ready to receive climbers to stand on her summit again!
A new route to the summit of Mt Kinabalu is being finalised and expected to be ready by 1 Dec 15, as reported in The Borneo Post on 30 Oct 15 : http://www.theborneopost.com/…/new-route-to-mt-kinabalu-su…/
Sabah Parks reopened the mountain trail up to Laban Rata at 3,270m on Sept 1 following the June 5 earthquake. The impending opening of the new route to the highest point, Low’s Peak at 4,095m, on 1 Dec 15 is definitely great news to many!
We have scheduled a few open group trips during the public holidays in 2016 ! You can form a private group of 6 pax for those dates too.
4D/3N Mt Kinabalu Climb Trek Grade : 2B
Package Fee :
$650 per pax (6 pax)
Day 1 : Arrive at Kota Kinabalu. Transfer to Kinabalu Park HQ for overnight (D)
Day 2 : After breakfast, meet mountain guide. The guide will do the climbing registration. Drive to Timpohon Gate to start trek to Laban Rata Resthouse.
Day 3: Pre-dawn trek to summit after supper. Have a late breakfast after descend from summit. Pack up & descend. Have lunch at the park HQ. Drive to KK town for overnight. (2xB/L)
Day 4: Depart KK town (B)
– Return airport transfer
– K Park HQ – KK town transfer
– Accommodation : 1 night at local 3* hotel in KK town; 1x night in Rock or Grace Hostel in Kinabalu Park HQ and 1x night in non heated dorm in Laban Rata Resthouse
– Meals : All meals during trek; breakfast at hotel in KK town; 1 x dinner before trek & 1 x lunch after trek at Balsam Cafe in Kinabalu Park HQ
– Climbing arrangement : Climbing permit & entrance fee & climbing guide (1 guide : 6 trekkers)
– Trip briefing in Singapore
– Gear list & trip info kit
– Discount from selected outdoor shops in Singapore
– Visa (if required)
– Personal travel insurance (mandatory to cover trekking above 4000m)
– Personal travel & trekking gear
– Meals not included in the package
– Drinking water & all beverages, except those served with the meals
– Emergency evacuation & medical cost
– Extra cost incurred due to changes to the itinerary
Do check with us if you have a group and other dates in mind to climb Mt Kinabalu
Scheduled Public Holiday Dates:
23 – 26 March 2016
30 Apr – 3 May 2016
6 – 9 Aug 2016
8 – 11 Sep 2016
We’ll be featuring the package at our booth (Booth 72 / Last booth) at the Standard Chartered Marathon Expo, Singapore Expo Hall 6, from 3 – 5 Dec 2015.
For package and sign up details, email us at : firstname.lastname@example.org